We are expecting over 5000 people including lots of kids. To get involved and get an assignment that you’ll enjoy, please come to a training session (see list of dates below) and then show up at the agreed upon date and time to assist in organizing the Conference (the follow-up date will be determined at the training session you attend).
For Park Slope Food Coop members, When you do your work at the Conference, you’ll get FTOP credit for that work, as well as for the training meeting(s). However, in order to get credit, you must be a member of the Brooklyn Food Coalition. So join today, your support is greatly appreciated!
Some examples of work:
- Help setup for the day-of-the-event (this could entail work on Friday, May 11th) and will definitely include load-in starting at 6 AM on Sat. May 12th)
- Help with registration
- Support the workshop participants (175 total workshops) and expos (300 for profit and non profit vendors)
- Child care (your current work shift must be childcare at PSFC)
- Help with lunch service both serving and cleanup
- Interpreters for many different languages
- Assist food demo chefs or helping musicians or staffing the kids activities
- Hall monitors to help with traffic flow and directions
- Staff informational tables which will include a Brooklyn Food Coalition membership drive, surveys to be filled-out by attendees, and distributing folders containing information about the Conference (program, map, etc)
- Help clean-up the day-of-the-event (starting at 5 PM on Sat. May 12th)
For more information contact Ali Duveen – (213) 804-0861 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
All training sessions will take place in the 2nd floor Meeting Room at the Park Slope Food Coop.
- Sunday, April 1: 7:00p – 8:30p
- Monday, April 2: 9:30a – 11:00a
- Tuesday, April 3: 7:00p – 8:30p
- Thursday, April 5: 9:30a – 11:00a
- Tuesday, April 17: 9:30a – 11:00a
- Saturday, April 21: 1:30p – 3:00p
- Sunday, April 22: 7:00p – 8:30p